Adobe Photoshop is a very demanding program that needs capable hardware in order for it to run smoothly. A choppy performing PC can affect the efficiency and productivity of the user. Over the years Adobe has added more features and plugins that greatly leverage the hardware in today’s computers to speed up its performance. For example Photoshop now has added GPU support so that images render much quicker as compared to a CPU chip. This just shows you that if you want to have Photoshop running at its most optimum levels then you have to assemble a pc that’s purpose built to run it.
These are some of the parts that you might use for building a Photoshop PC
· Motherboard – Asus X99-A – Acting as the hub of the entire PC, you should pick one that allows for a lot of RAM and has a PCI express slot. This motherboard that we have chosen has a memory limit of 64GB which is ideal because there are times where you have multiple plugins and numerous layers running at the same time. The more layers and effects you use in Photoshop the more RAM you will need to keep the program stable from crashing.
· Case. NZXT Phantom 410 – Considering that the motherboard we used is a full ATX board then we need a full sized tower to encase all the components.
· CPU. Intel Core i7 5960X – this $1000 behemoth of a processor should have Photoshop running butter smooth no matter what you throw at it.
· CPU cooling. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo – These line of processors don’t come with a stock cooling fan so you need to buy a cooling fan from a CPU vendor.
· Memory. Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB – This is a bucket load of RAM and although you will seldom use that much RAM it’s good to be prepared.
· Hard Drive. Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD and Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB – Install the Operating System and Photoshop on the SSD so that the program can operate as fast as possible. The second mechanical drive will be used for storing large files.
· Graphics Card – NVidia quadro k6000 – This is the best productivity card on the market right now. Adobe has also optimized its programs to run really well on NVidia graphics cards.
· Power Supply – Corsair HX750 80+ Gold – This power supply has enough juice to adequately power both the Graphics card and the processor.
· Others. Fire wire card and an Optical Drive. There are still cameras that use the old fire wire technology to transfer files.
· Monitors-X2 Dell UZ2215h. These dual 1080p monitors are great when combines side to side. The color accuracy on these monitors is also very impressive and similar to printed materials.
· Keyboard and Mouse. Wacom Intuos Pro – You just need a standard mouse and keyboard to operate the computer. But you should utilize a Wacom tablet because it’s one of the best pen operated device that accurately depict the drawing on a paper motion.
· Operating System. Windows 7 and Up. Windows is specifically picked of MAC OS because there are more plugins on windows than there are on MAC OS.
For buying the perfect PC for Photoshop we recommend DigiPrime.